Big Beautiful Salad with Lemon-Miso Dressing
By Whole Foods Market
A fabulous offering for a crowd. You can make both the salad and dressing up to 8 hours ahead but wait until just before serving to toss the two together.
- 4 ounces (about 8 cups) mixed baby lettuces
- 1/2 small head radicchio, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup cooked and cooled wheat berries or barley
- 1 bunch radishes, whole, halved or quartered
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
In a very large bowl, combine lettuce, radicchio, garbanzos, wheat berries, radishes and cucumber. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, apple juice, miso, shallot and 1 tablespoon water. Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss.
PER SERVING:100 calories (10 from fat), 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 4g protein