Black Bean and Roasted Corn Pasta Salad
By Whole Foods Market
Corn, black beans and whole wheat pasta pair colorfully in this festive and flavorful salad that’s delicious hot or cold.
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 ears fresh corn, cut from cob (about 2 1/2 cups kernels or 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed)
- 8 ounces whole wheat fusilli pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans (about 1 1/2 cups), rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread corn kernels in a single layer and roast 18 to 20 minutes or until starting to turn golden. (Alternately, grill corn on the cob, allow to cool and remove kernels.)
In a large mixing bowl, combine roasted corn with pasta, beans, tomato, cilantro, green onion, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, tamari and lemon zest. Toss well and serve.