Bowl O' Goodness
As you adopt a new way of configuring your plate and fueling your body, you tend to start eating more simply. Here is our favorite way to assemble a bowl of goodness. You can change the recipe by simply mix and matching with what’s in season or what you have available in your kitchen. This is a great use for batch cooking, and repurposing meal components.
- 1/2 yellow onion cartelized with water
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb of ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of frozen edemame
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 cup of fresh loose spinach
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
Start by carmelizing your onions in water (cook onions on high heat until they stick a little, then add two tablespoons of water and repeat until onions are carmelized). Add the garlic and ginger and saute for another two minutes adding water if mix sticks to the pan. Add mushrooms and red pepper and saute for two more minutes. The add the cilantro and edemame and cook for another minute. Finally, add the lime juice, rice, spinach, and tamari and mix well. Cook the mixutre for at least two minutes on high stiring regularly and remove when the spinach is brighter than when it was added in.