Grilled Peaches with Dandelion Greens and Ginger Dressing
by Whole Foods Market
This sophisticated grilled salad provides another delicious reason to make the most of cookout season. The creamy ginger and date dressing packs a spicy bite and is excellent when served with grilled meats and vegetables, too.
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and halved through the middle
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almondmilk, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 4 pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, torn into pieces
Preheat a grill to medium heat. Grill ginger, turning occasionally, until softened and charred all over, about 5 minutes; roughly chop. (Leave the grill on.) In a blender, purée ginger, 1/4 cup walnuts, almondmilk, vinegar, tamari and dates until very smooth to make a dressing; add an extra splash of almondmilk for a thinner dressing, if you like.
Grill peaches, flipping once, until softened and just charred, 5 to 10 minutes. Arrange greens in a bowl, top with warm peaches and remaining walnuts and drizzle with dressing.
Active cooking time: About 30 minutes
Total cooking time: About 30 minutes