Kale, Carrot and Avocado Salad
By Whole Foods Market
Avocado provides rich flavor and creamy texture in this simple salad.
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Use your hands or the back of a large spoon to thoroughly mash avocado into kale. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving to allow kale to soften.