Mango Quinoa Salad
By Whole Foods Market
Serves 4 to 6
Mango lends a sweet note to this colorful quinoa salad with a variety of flavors and textures. It's equally delicious served warm or chilled.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear, drain and transfer to a medium pot. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
Add remaining ingredients and toss until combined.
Per Serving:220 calories (30 from fat), 3g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 16g sugar), 8g protein