By Whole Foods Market
Enjoy the flavor and texture of tuna salad with this vegetarian mixture of garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas), apples and pecans. Perfect for sandwiches, wraps or spread on crackers.
Makes 3 Cups
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kelp granules
- Ground black pepper to taste
Pulse the garbanzo beans in the bowl of a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl and add apple, celery, pecans, relish, red onion, dill, lemon juice and kelp granules. Stir until well combined. Season with pepper and chill until ready to serve.