Sonoma Tofu Salad
Whole Foods Market
This delicious vegan salad makes a great light meal by itself or served over a bed of baby greens. Tofu blended with white beans form the base for a creamy dressing. Garnish it with chopped celery leaves if you like.
- 1 (14-ounce) container firm tofu, drained or Easy Baked Tofu
- 1/2 cup cooked drained white beans
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey or agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups grapes, halved
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
Place tofu on a plate, cover with another plate, and add a small weight such as a can of food. Let sit 20 minutes to remove excess liquid. Discard liquid.
Place tofu on a cutting board and cut into 3/4-inch dice. Place 1/3 cup of the tofu in a blender and add beans, apple cider, mustard, vinegar, honey and salt. Blend until very smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in poppy seeds. Add grapes, celery and remaining tofu, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans.
PER SERVING:290 calories (130 from fat), 15g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 15g sugar), 13g protein