Spinach Salad with Aduki Beans and Satsuma Vinaigrette
by Whole Foods Market
Here's a light vegetable side dish to balance out your Thanksgiving table. To make ahead, simply prepare the vinaigrette and satsumas, pack everything separately and toss all together just before serving. For an entree salad, add raw veggies and double the beans.
- 6 satsumas or clementines, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup very thinly sliced red onion, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added aduki beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (1 pound) package baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup satsuma juice (from about 2 satsumas), vinegar, mustard and pepper. Use a paring knife to cut the peel and pith from remaining satsumas. Working over the bowl to catch any additional juices, cut out each segment and add to the vinaigrette. Add onion, beans, spinach and parsley and toss well. Serve immediately.
PER SERVING:100 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 5g protein