Stacked Tomato and Feta Salad
Whole Foods Market
Juicy tomatoes and salty, savory feta cheese tower on the plate, drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice and scattered with fresh herbs.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes of various colors, sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese, patted dry and cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons very small fresh basil leaves (or thinly sliced fresh basil)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
On 4 medium plates, stack tomatoes and feta cheese, scattering some of the basil and thyme between the layers as you go. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Per Serving:240 calories (180 from fat), 20g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol,500mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 9g protein