By Whole Foods Market
This taco salad features plenty of lettuce, corn, tomatoes and red onion topped with seasoned ground turkey and a drizzle of lime juice dressing.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cups chopped romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed corn
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded jack or mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces blue corn tortilla chips
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and taco seasoning (along with any other ingredients required on the package directions) and brown until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey, chile powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk in yogurt for a creamier dressing if you like. Set aside.
Arrange lettuce on plates and top with turkey, corn, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and cheese. Drizzle salads with reserved dressing and serve with tortilla chips on the side, if you like.
Per Serving: 350 calories (170 from fat), 19g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 20g protein