Tangy Bean Salad with Carrots and Green Onions
By Whole Foods Market
For a delicious lunch, fill pita bread halves with this tangy bean salad and top with shredded lettuce.
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and drained no-salt-added garbanzo or cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon mustard, preferably German
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
Whisk together vinegar, tamari, mustard, tahini and water in a medium bowl. Add beans, green onions, carrots and parsley, toss to combine and set aside at room temperature to let marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving.