Host a Healthy “Taste of WFM”
Ocean Store, San Francisco, California & Park Lane Store, Dallas, Texas
- Fundraise for WKF with specialty samples in each department
- Have departments compete for yummiest dish
- Provide kids’ activities, such as seed planting or DIY trail mix
Storewide Sample Stations
Both the Ocean and Park Lane stores held taste-testing events to fundraise for Whole Kids Foundation. Each department served up a healthy specialty dish for guests to try, with a donation jar at every station. Instead of donations, the event could be ticketed or each sample could be assigned a cost.
Park Lane added an element of friendly competition between the departments at its event! Visitors cast their vote for “Healthy Cooking Bowl Champion” to be entered to win a WFM gift card.
Educate Team Members
Keep in mind that most departments don’t often talk to customers about WFM’s foundations; they might need a review of WKF's details before your event. Talking points can include:
- Information on what makes WKF great, such as:
- 100% of donations directly support WKF
- Kids with a salad bar at their school eat 3x the veggies and fruits as kids without
- School gardens combat 6 out of 8 factors that lead to childhood obesity
- WKF’s Healthy Teachers Program empowers teachers to be the best role models for your kids
- WFM Team Members at your store have donated over $$$ to WKF through their paychecks. Help grow these funds!
- ##% of Team Members at this store give to WKF from their paychecks. That’s how much we believe in growing healthy kids!
- Schools in your community who have received grants from WKF (These schools can be found here.)
- Schools with whom you’re starting relationships
- Your store’s fundraising goal and current donation status
- Other information that will help connect guests to WKF and your store’s goals
Plant Your Own Seeds
At Ocean’s event, Marketing Team Leader Alexia Case set up a fun planting activity for kiddos. Everyone got their own container, filled it with soil, and added seeds. You could also add a table for everyone to decorate their containers (before there are soil and seeds in it!) and garden markers.
DIY Trail Mix
Jennifer Collins, Marketing Team Leader at Park Lane, coupled her taste-testing event with a DIY trail mix station for kids. Everyone decorated reusable containers and then filled them with nutrient-dense, low sugar options like nuts, seeds, and some dried fruit.BACK TO ALL TEAM MEMBER RESOURCES