Style Your Sole with TOMS
Davis Store, Davis, California
- Partner with TOMS to host a shoe decorating event
- Hire local artists to provide guests with personalized products
- Encourage guests to pre-order shoes for the event through Whole Body
- Find tons of resources for an event like this on the “Style Your TOMS” webpage
When guests bought TOMS on Picnic Day, store artists, artistic Team Members, and design students from a local college were on hand to add decorations with fabric pens and acrylic paints. To better manage your inventory of TOMS, encourage pre-orders that can be picked up on event day.
Find artists at local art centers and nearby colleges, as well as within your store. Find more volunteer artists than you think are necessary for your event. Kristen had a few cancellations that sent her scrambling for more artists. Ample talent ensures each guest receives a one-of-a-kind product. Local colleges are a great resource.
Bigtruck brands created custom hats for guests with their Sew-on-Site setup. Visitors pick any style and color hat they want, and then add their choice of patches, sewn on with any color of thread!
To spread the word about this event, design a pair of TOMS to display in the store and send out an email blast with pictures. The brands you partner with have communications of their own that you can ask to be included in! Hired artists can reach out to their communities as well.
Step By Step
To plan your own event:
- Contact your TOMS rep
- Select the event’s time, date, and location
- Develop promotional materials
- Schedule artists
- Promote, promote, and promote some more
- Host the event!
Kristen spent about 8 hours planning this event, and another 4 hours at the event. The total cost of the event was $300, which covered art supplies and gift cards for the artists.BACK TO ALL TEAM MEMBER RESOURCES