Track Donations with a WKF Giving Tree
Torrance Store, Torrance, CA
- Create a tree-shaped wall display that sprouts leaves as people donate
- Include incentives like gift card raffles to increase donations
- Post information beside your tree about what makes WKF great
At the Torrance store, register donations are a lot of fun thanks to a wall display that grows as people make donations. Great idea by Marketing Supervisor Gabe Dupin! With each contribution, a guest adds a leaf to the ever-growing Whole Kids Foundation Giving Tree. Torrance included incentives within the campaign as well. With a $10 donation, the donor was entered to win a gift card raffle!
The tree also shared information about WKF. A list of the Foundation’s goals and ways to get involved helps give customers a reason to connect with our cause and their community.
Gabe’s great idea helped the Torrance store demolish its WKF fundraising goal of $4,500. Instead, the store raised a whopping $11,202.71, nearly tripling its goal! Way to grow!
Make Your Own Giving Tree
When making your own Giving Tree (or bush, garden, or orchard) include:
- 100% of donations directly support WKF
- Kids with a salad bar at their school eat 3x the veggies and fruits as kids without
- School gardens combat 6 out of 8 factors that lead to childhood obesity
- WKF’s Healthy Teachers Program empowers teachers to be the best role models for your kids
- WFM Team Members at your store have donated over $$$ to WKF through their paychecks. Help grow these funds!
- ##% of Team Members at this store give to WKF from their paychecks. That’s how much we believe in growing healthy kids!
- Schools in your community who have received grants from WKF (These schools can be found here)
- Schools with whom you’re starting relationships
- Your store’s fundraising goal and current donation status
- Other information that will help connect guests to WKF and your store’s goals