Bee Grant Program
In partnership with The Bee Cause Project.
The Bee Grant program allows for a K-12 school or non-profit organization to receive support for an educational bee hive.
We offer four grant options:
1. Monetary grant of $1,500 to support the success of a bee hive educational program.
2. Observation hive: equipment grant of a custom made indoor observation hive from The Bee Cause Project
3. Traditional Langstroth Hive: equipment grant an outdoor hive with Starter Kit
4. Top Bar hive: equipment grant of an outdoor top bar hive with Starter Kit
All equipment grants include a small monetary grant of $300 to cover the first year of expenses. Grant recipients also receive remote consultation and assistance with Beekeeper partnership from The Bee Cause Project.
For more information on each grant option, please read the Program Overview and Support Guide on The Bee Cause Project’s Resources page.
BEE GRANT APPLICATION IS OPEN!
Get started on the application with a copy of the eligibility and application questions. Please note that the application must be submitted online during the above application window:
- Application Open: September 1st, 2018
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Closed: October 15, 2018 at 6pm EST/5pm CST
- Full Application Closed: October 31, 2018 at 6pm EST/5pm CST
- Notification to All Applicants: December 7, 2018
- Delivery of Hive and Grant packages: no later than end of January 2019
Attend our webinars for more information about the application process and the best practices on getting your bees approved.
- September 5 at 1pm EST/12pm CST - Watch recording here.
- October 3 at 4pm EST/3pm CST
For any questions regarding the bee hive grant process or if you need support in the bee approval process email The Bee Cause Project at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curriculum and Resources
Use these resources to design your bee education or generate ideas!
- The Bee Cause Project’s Educator’s Guide to STE(A)M connections to a bee hive.
- Bee Wise Curriculum developed in partnership with The Bee Cause Project
- The Edible Schoolyard Berkeley lessons with a honey bee hive and without a hive.
- Check out our Kids Club for a variety of activities. The April Kids Club focuses on Share the Buzz with:
- Find even more bee education resources in our Resources section.
Find even more honey bee education resources!Read More
Guidance on starting and maintaining a honey bee hive.
We're abuzz with great tips, tricks and tools to support our pollinators.Read More
Our pollinators are decreasing at alarming rates but you can help!