Toss this easy mix together for a healthy lunch. Let kids help with the simple steps in bold!
- 1 bunch fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- ¼ cup slivered or chopped almonds or walnuts
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Whisk together orange juice, vinegar, olive oil and onion.
Step 2: Just before serving, gently toss the dressing with the spinach, oranges and nuts.
Step 3: Add salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: In the lunchbox, pack dressing portion separately and mix when eating to prevent wilted spinach.