Let kids help with the simple steps in bold!
- 2 medium beets, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (If you do not have parchment, lightly grease the cookie sheet with a bit more oil.)
2. Slice beets as thinly as possible.
3. Place beets in a large bowl, then toss with olive oil and salt and pepper until coated.
Tip: Add other spices of your choice to the bowl to make flavored chips (try Cajun seasoning, taco seasoning, lemon pepper and other blends).
4. Arrange beets in a single layer on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crisp. Keep a close eye so they do not burn.