Keep a batch of homemade bean dip on hand for healthy snacks and meals. Serve with raw veggies and whole-grain crackers, and spread onto sandwiches and wraps.
- 1/4 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or a pinch of salt)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons water, plus more if needed
Put onion in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to roughly chop. Add black beans, cilantro, tamari, lime juice, chili powder and cumin, along with 3 tablespoons water. Process until creamy and smooth, adding a tablespoon more water if needed. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill for at least one hour. Before serving, let bean dip come to room temperature. Top with additional cilantro and serve.