Enjoy this vegan Halloween recipe as a healthy sweet treat!
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups fresh orange or mandarin slices
- 1 cup whipped cream or aquafaba merengue (dairy-free)
Aquafaba Merengue (Vegan, Dairy-free option)
- 6 Tbl chickpea liquid (aquafaba)
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
In 4 clear glasses, evenly divide and layer pineapple chunks, then orange slices and top with whipped cream or aquafaba merengue. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
For aquafaba merengue:
1. Place chickpea liquid and cream of tartar into large bowl. Using an electric mixer, start at slow speed and mix until foamy.
2. Gradually increase speed until white stiff peaks start to form. Then add the sugar in slowly while whipping at fast speed and add vanilla extract until more stiff white, glossy peaks form (about 12 minutes).
3. Once intended consistency has been reached top fruit parfaits and serve immediately.