Couscous easily rehydrates in hot water making it the perfect warm-weater grain since preparing it won't heat up your kitchen. Look for both whole wheat and regular varieties, either of which can be used in this recipe.
- 1 cup couscous, preferably whole wheat
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1/4 pound sliced salami, roughly chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Fine sea salt, to taste
In a medium pot, bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil; stir in couscous. Immediately remove the pot from the heat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Uncover, transfer couscous to a large bowl and fluff with a fork; set aside and let cool to room temperature.
Add arugula, tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, zest, chile flakes, salami, basil and salt and toss gently to combine. Serve salad at room temperature.
Per Serving: 300 calories (130 from fat), 14g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 10g protein