Make this vegan chili during your weekend meal prep and enjoy it all week! Watch the video below for a quick how-to.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 15 oz cans of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15 oz cans of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 28 oz cans of roasted, diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 Tbls chili powder
- 2 Tbls cumin
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Saute the onion and mushrooms in a dry stockpot over medium-high heat and add four tablespoons of water when they begin to stick.
2. Add the carrots, bell peppers, garlic and jalapeno once the onions become slightly translucent, then cook for an additional six minutes.
3. Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder and cumin then stir to mix well.
4. Cover the pot and turn to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.