This lil guy is gluten-free, dairy-free and almost entirely refined-sugar free (other than the teeeeeeeeeeny, almost-not-even-worth-mentioning amount in the vanilla bean paste). Perfect for special weekend mornings and together time with family and friends!
28- Day Healthy Eating Challenge
The beauty of this plan is that you can customize the plan however you wish. Follow these steps:
Pick one level that best suits you and your goals. Consider a level that you can sustain, but is just a little outside your normal habits.
Once you’ve determined your level, review the healthy eating action items listed. Pick 1 or 2 to incorporate or if you feel brave do all 3 actions listed.
Select a day you’d like to begin. Mark the start date on your calendar and the end date, too. Again, if you think 28 days is too long, start with 7 days. See how you feel after 7 days and determine whether you can handle to keep going for another 7 days. You might be surprised how each week gets a little easier.
Choose one of the following levels that best suits your health goals.
Level 1: Do 1 or 2 of the healthy eating action items listed in this level
- Avoid sugary drinks (i.e. soda, diet sodas, juice, Gatorade)
- Read nutrition labels for all products or foods you eat
- Incorporate 3-5 colors of food on your plate for at least 2 meals
Level 2: Do 1 or 2 of the healthy eating action items listed in this level
- Omit foods with processed sugars—Read more on how to find added sugars on food packaging labels
- Eat leafy greens at every meal
- Cooking with no oil
Level 3: Do 1 or 2 of the healthy eating action items listed in this level
- Eat all whole foods—foods that are unprocessed
- Cook all main meals from scratch (at least 3x per day)
- Join the Engine 2 Seven-Day challenge