Let kids help with the simple steps in bold!
- 8 cups chicken broth 2
- celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, washed and sliced (optional)
- approx. 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1–2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
Use Creole seasoning, Mexican spices or Thai chile paste—whatever suits your taste!
Step 1: Bring broth to a boil in a large stock pot.
Step 2: Add chopped vegetables to the pot and simmer until carrots are tender (approx. 15 minutes).
Step 3: Add brown rice, shredded chicken and herbs to the pot and continue simmering until heated through (approx. 2–3 minutes) and add salt and pepper to taste.