Put it in the fridge before bed and wake up to a hearty breakfast!
Let kids help with the simple steps in bold!
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick cooking)
- 2 cups lowfat milk ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, almonds or walnuts
- Fresh or dried fruit of your choice
- Honey or maple syrup for drizzling
Step 1: Combine oats, milk and vanilla in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Step 2: The next morning scoop oatmeal into bowls (heat in microwave if desired) and top with nuts and your favorite fresh or dried fruits.
Step 3: Drizzle with a little honey or maple syrup if you wish.