Simply swapping white potatoes for orange ones gives your hash browns a nutrition bonus. Let kids help with the simple steps in bold!
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Let kids help with the potato peeling and grating.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add cayenne pepper if you like a little spice or add a pinch of any other spices you like.
3. Form the mixture into patties (usually makes 4-6).
4. Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat.
5. Add patties to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.