Made with avocado and edamame, this guacamole variation is both creamy and fresh. Serve with raw vegetables like celery, carrots and radishes for dipping or alongside baked pita chips as a healthy snack or appetizer.
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 small, ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 white onion, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put edamame, avocado, chipotle, cilantro, onion, and lime juice in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Add enough water to make a creamy consistency and pulse again. Transfer guacamole to a bowl, season with salt and pepper and serve.