Wasabi lends a refreshing bite to the dressing for this salad.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari, shoyu or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 5 cups chopped romaine
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup diced pineapple
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked chow mein noodles
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, tamari, ginger, wasabi powder, sugar and sesame seeds until blended. While whisking constantly, pour oil into bowl in a thin stream until well blended.
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, romaine, carrots, bean sprouts, pineapple and mango. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and toss gently to coat. Top with chicken and noodles and serve.
Per Serving:280 calories (120 from fat), 14g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 13g sugar), 18g protein