This medal-worthy salad recipe will keep you running. Packed full of nutrients, it inspires Olympic athlete Manteo M. Mitchell to keep his eye on the finish line.
- 4 cups of loose spinach (rinsed)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ounce red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate
- 1 grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- pinch of black pepper
Toss the spinach, tomatoes and onions together in a small bowl. Divide the mixture onto a plate or bowl. Sprinkle the goat cheese crumbles, raisins and pomegranate seeds over the top of each salad. After slicing the chicken breast, lay each half on the salads lengthwise. Combine the oil, vinegar and black pepper in a small airtight container and shake until combined. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy!