Enjoy the flavor and texture of tuna salad with this vegetarian mixture of garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas), apples and pecans. Perfect for sandwiches, wraps or spread on crackers.
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kelp granules
- Ground black pepper to taste
Pulse the garbanzo beans in the bowl of a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl and add apple, celery, pecans, relish, red onion, dill, lemon juice and kelp granules. Stir until well combined. Season with pepper and chill until ready to serve.