This sweet potato and tangy arugula salad just might become a new tradition for your holiday table.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3 medium radishes, sliced paper thin
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss sweet potatoes with onion, black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Transfer to a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and roast until tender, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, honey, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and chives in a medium bowl. Toss together arugula and radishes in another medium bowl. To serve, arrange arugula mixture on plates. Toss sweet potatoes in balsamic mixture and spoon over arugula.
Per Serving: 160 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 23g sugar), 3g protein