Serve this colorful noodle dish at room temperature or chilled.
- 1 (8 ounce) 100% whole grain soba noodles
- 2 cups snow peas, strings removed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted, unsweetened smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- Splash of warm water, if needed
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Add snow peas with 1 minute cooking time remaining. Drain noodles and snow peas thoroughly.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, tamari, tahini and crushed red pepper. Add a splash of warm water if needed to thin the sauce so it will coat the vegetables and noodles. Add noodles, snow peas, carrots, bell pepper, green onions and sesame seeds. Toss to coat noodles and vegetables thoroughly with sauce. Serve at room temperature or chilled.