Make this spooktacular snack for Halloween!
- 2 apples
- 8 raisins or mini chocolate chips
- Vegan caramel sauce dip
Caramel Sauce Dip (Vegan)
- ¾ brown sugar (Alternative: Cane or coconut sugar)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut Milk (canned)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Slice apples in half vertically and remove core carefully.
2. Peel apple strips horizontally, leaving space between each strip. Then lay each half apple on a tray and use a paring knife to make a tiny dent in the apple where each eye (mini chocolate chip or raisin) will go.
3. Gently press a mini chocolate chip or raisin into each dent to create the finished product, apple mummies.
For caramel dip:
1. Heat a pot over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and stir for 1 minute to heat through.
2. Then add coconut milk along with sea salt and stir to combine. Boil for 1 minute and reduce to a simmer at low medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from hot stove top and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Then transfer to a closed container and refrigerate for 1 hour. Sauce will thicken and be ready to serve as a dip.