Let kids help with the simple steps in bold!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or other cooked grain)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salad dressing (or lemon juice)
- 2 cups packed fresh salad greens (spinach or arugula work well)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cherries
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
Step 1: In a small bowl, combine grains with dressing and stir well.
Step 2: Layer dressed grains and remaining ingredients in two widemouth jars (approximately pint sized).
Step 3: Top with tight-fitting lids and keep chilled until ready to serve. Use a fork to mix and eat it straight from the jar. Great for the lunchbox!