Corn, black beans and whole wheat pasta pair colorfully in this festive and flavorful salad that’s delicious hot or cold.
- 3 ears fresh corn, cut from cob (about 2 1/2 cups kernels or 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed)
- 8 ounces whole wheat fusilli pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans (about 1 1/2 cups), rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread corn kernels in a single layer and roast 18 to 20 minutes or until starting to turn golden. (Alternately, grill corn on the cob, allow to cool and remove kernels.)
In a large mixing bowl, combine roasted corn with pasta, beans, tomato, cilantro, green onion, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, tamari and lemon zest. Toss well and serve.