Enjoy this delicious side or main dish for a Valentine's night in or just to change up your go-to beet recipe.
Note, the alcohol used in making this dish will cook out during preparation.
- 10 small beets, peeled
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of Merlot Wine
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight and drained.
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup arugula, chiffonade
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Toss the beets, thyme, garlic, vinegar and salt in a casserole dish and pour wine over the top. If the beets are not covered, add water until they are.
2. Cover the casserole dish with foil or a lid and bake for 40 minutes.
3. Remove the beets with tongs and set aside.
1. Place the cashews, vinegar, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth adding water for a creamy texture.
2. To plate the dish, drizzle a teaspoon of the merlot reduction from the bottom of the casserole dish on your plate, then top with a single beet.
3. Top the beet with a small amount of cashew cheese (about a ¼ tsp) and a pinch of arugula.